So we are into 2015 – half way through this decade already!
My achievements from 2014 include:
- My first short story (actually I ended up writing three short stories last year – two in the Alien Manhunt trilogy – look out for the third in 2015 – the first of which got to the semi final round of Evernight Readers’ Awards in 2014), and Kink After Dinner (see more below). It was quite a challenge doing short stories as they are a totally different way of writing (you can't tell the whole romance from meeting, but just an episode in that romance).
- Talking of awards - I was nominated in the Menage Romances Fans' Awards for 'Collared by Wolves.
- I also managed to get two novellas published: Bounty Hunters’ Captive – the first in a new sci fi series entitled ‘Captured in Space’ – look out for the next one in 2015, possibly called Captive of Two Princes which tells Tianna’s story – Garin’s sister. And also Torn Between Two Lovers, the second in ‘The Haunt of the Wolves’ series. Look out for number three this year which will feature Rafe who had a minor role in this book.
- I also started submitting to a new publisher called Luminosity. This is an English publisher so it is nice not to have to think about American spellings! Kink After Dinner was my first book for them – and at the end of 2014 I submitted a novella to them called BDSM Weekend set in an English Country Manor which holds BDSM events. (And it has been accepted!)
- I attended several writing conferences – Eroticon in Bristol in March – here I am with fellow writer, Bella Settarra. Then Smut in Scarborough in May (where I did another reading) and in Manchester in November where I not only did another reading but also gave my first workshop ‘Collaborating with a co-author: the way to make or break a friendship’. (It seemed to go down very well). I hope to do another workshop at Smut in Scarborough this year.
- Lastly, early on in 2014 I decided to start buying charms for a charm bracelet – each one to represent my books. I still have a few to buy (I have now written 17 books and only have 12 of them, but I hope to be up to date before 2015 is out).
- Ooo - forgot to mention I also had a tattoo with a rose to represent my writing!
Of course, this doesn't include various other non-writing related events like a cruise to Holland, Belgium and France - another trip to Portmeirion (actually that was writing related and I went with the lovely Bella Settarra). And went to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and also had a holiday in Scotland. Plus had my lovely great niece come to stay in the Summer..... I think I need a rest in 2015!