Wednesday 6 August 2014

9 trains, 3 hotels, 2 countries and one Loch Ness Monster!

Yep, I saw the Loch Ness Monster!



I had a great week in Scotland. The scenery was breathtaking whether it be coastal, fishing village, loch, castle or mountains.








I even got up to John O’Groats. As I had been to Lands End some years ago I can now say I have travelled the length of mainland UK!



I even got some hiking in walking down the Caledonian Canal toward Loch Ness where I went on a two hour cruise of the Loch. And Culloden Battlefield (last battle fought on mainland British soil) had a terrific visitor centre and exhibition.




And the Commonwealth Games were terrific – if very wet on the last night. And best of all I was there when the English 4 x 400m relay quartet won gold! (and I even saw Usain Bolt in action!)




No comments:

Post a Comment