Monday 15 September 2014

Something you never knew about me

Something you never knew about me – I had an older brother, Paddy, who died when I was six (he was 19). Here is a photo of us – it wasn’t that I didn’t want to be with him (LOL) but I frowned in every photo at that age.



One story that my mum told was that I was in a play pen outside with a neighbour’s child who was the same age as me and I was hitting the other child(!).

Mum called out for me to stop. When I refused to stop hitting poor Craig, she came charging out to give me a spanking but Paddy leapt over the railing, grabbed me and we escaped together!! My hero! J

Because I was so young when he died I only have a few memories of him, almost like photo snapshots – including him arriving with an Easter egg (trust me to remember a chocolate related memory!), coming to collect me from school in his car as it was pouring with rain, and laughing with my mum and dad when he was late home from work. At that time he worked in industrial chimneys so we were joking that, “Paddy’s got stuck up the chimney.”


Jen

2 comments:

  1. What great memories you have of your brother! Thanks for sharing the picture and Paddy looks so happy with you!!

    ReplyDelete