Monday 15 June 2015

Something you never knew about me...

Jersey in 1961 (can't quite remember that holiday now....!) And then again in 1979 with my old school friend, Jacqui.








Norfolk in 1975 with my parents (I got my first wolf whistle on that holiday!)















Holland about 1981 visiting my friend Anita (who I have long lost contact with)





Germany in 1982 on a Xmas holiday with my friend Christine (what did I look like wearing that headscarf?!). Another friend I've lost contact with.









Australia in Dec 1983/Jan 1984 (this was visiting relatives - God I was so skinny then!)












Lake District 1989 (I was treking around the Lakes for 5 days staying in Youth Hostels with my friend Gabby. We had just come down off a mountain - you may be able to see the storm clouds behind me - and we walked into brilliant sunshine! We quickly took off our waterproofs)















Stratford-upon-Avon around 1994 (I LOVE Stratford) with my friend, Celeste












USA in 1996, 2002, and 2012 (including a visit to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls). The last trip included visiting writer friends, including Tatum Throne.









In the Isle of Man in 1997(or rather in the sea!). Celeste took this photo











The Maldives in 2000 (it was hot!)









Cornwall in 2005 (with my cousin)




Isle of Wight about 2011 (I think) - standing against the railings on Ryde Pier that my great great grandfather made!










The London Olympics in 2012 with my friend Liz who I'd been to Isle of Wight with.











Finland in 2012 visiting writer friend, Susan Laine









Portmeirion, Wales in 2013 and again in 2014 (one of my favourite places) - the latter trip with writer friend, Bella Settarra.








France (along with Holland and Belgium) in 2014 (this was in Monet's garden)









Scotland in 2014 (to see the Commonwealth Games and then toured about Scotland)




One thing that really strikes me is that this is almost a history of friendships over the years - as I make other friends when earlier ones lose touch or get married and go on holidays with their families or leave the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment