Monday 12 March 2012

Inspirational Mondays

As you know from last week’s blog I attended Eroticon conference recently and I commented on some of the things I learnt there. But here are a few personal reflections that I found intriguing:

  • This is the first time I have been away since my books came out and I hadn’t realised how much I have become addicted to checking emails, sales figures, review sites, forums, publisher’s website and so on until I started panicking that evening that I couldn’t get onto the internet (well, I could, but I refused to pay the £4 per hour that the hotel was charging). This was despite knowing that I was able to get onto the internet at the conference venue the next day. I have made the resolution to have one evening a week when I don’t go on the internet (we’ll see how easily I can keep it!).

  • I use a pen name for both first and last names so, although I have got used to seeing my pen name in print or in emails, it was weird having people call me Jennifer. It took a moment for me to realise they were talking to me!

  • I met a couple of writers whose books I had read before I started writing and found myself getting star-struck. Here were some real writers – wow! I still have to hit myself on the head and remind myself that I AM a real writer….. (and here’s the first book cover to remind myself!)

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment