Monday 6 May 2013

Monthly Inspirational Author Interview

This month I have the lovely Tara Rose joining me for my inspirational author interview to tell me about herself and her series. Why inspirational? The woman gets two books out a month!!!! I may get two books written a quarter AT THE OUTSET. Well done, Tara on writing your great ménage series. Over to you:

Thanks for having me Jen. I love writing ménage stories because it’s so challenging to work out the dynamics of two heroes agreeing to share the heroine. I love small town stories because it’s so much fun to write about nosy gossipy neighbors who will also come to your rescue when you need them.


Tell us about your latest book.


Taming Her Racy Ways is book 5 of my Racy Nights series. The heroine, Marisol Santiago, is a court reporter in Racy Indiana, the fictional small town where the entire Racy Nights series is set. She is forced to hide in her basement during a tornado with hunky Rafe Rodriguez, her one-time boyfriend. That’s all it takes for them to start up again, but Marisol’s life gets a bit more complicated than that once she attends an emergency meeting two days later of City Hall officials, including building inspector Ellis McCree, who talks her into letting him take her new car shopping the next day. Ellis is a Dom at his cousin Maddox’s exclusive private dungeon in Racy, and he would love to make Marisol his sub.
(I love the name Marisol)




What makes a great hero?

I love alpha heroes with a heart. I like them to be strong and a bit domineering, but not mean or cruel. In the bedroom, they’re in charge, although they temper that with tenderness and passion. Out in public, they’re attentive without being clingy, and in a pinch, they’re right there by your side, ready to defend you or come to your aid.
(As every good hero should be!!)


Do you have anything in common with your characters?

There’s a little bit of me in all my heroines. I like to write them as independent women, but with a need for love and romance as well, because I think that’s what we all want, deep inside. But you won’t find my heroines in need of “rescuing.” They can hold their own.
(Hahahaha!)


Is there any trivia about your latest/forthcoming story that you can share with us (eg, the name of a real life pet that you used in the story)?

I wrote the tornado into the story because they’re one of my biggest fears. I wanted to show the town banding together and recovering from the destruction.
(Good one!)


What’s your guiltiest pleasure?

Food. LOL!! Anything battered and fried, or bakery. I love cakes and cookies.
(My kind of woman!)


What are you currently working on, or what’s on the horizon?

Racy Nights 6, 7 and 8 will be releasing within the next few weeks, and I’m working on the next series, Seduction Ridge.


How do you come up with inspiration for your books?

The inspiration for the Racy Nights series came from the miles and miles of wind turbines that line Interstate 65 in northwest Indiana. I set my fictional town among them, and they play a large role in the town.
(Interesting!)


What’s the hardest part of writing?

Finding time to do it! J
(Oh, I can SOOO relate to that!!)


Finish with links of how fans can find you on the internet?
 



Twitter: @TaraRoseAuthor


Thanks for being interviewed, Tara. I wish you lots of luck with future books. Next month’s inspirational author is Fiona Archer.

Jen

1 comment: