Monday 13 August 2012

Inspirational Mondays

The hols are over and I didn’t do ANY writing – but seem to have spent the time doing edits. See my blog coming on Weds for details on three books out this Autumn.

However, I did get to go to the Olympics!!





Didn’t GB do well – I’m SO proud of all our athletes. I bought three lots of chocolates to eat every time a Brit won a medal. So I had gold medal chocs, silver medal chocs and bronze medal chocs. Suffice to say I had to go out and buy some MORE gold medal chocs!!!

My highlights (apart from actually being there for a tiny part of it) include: the Queen actually having a starring role in the opening ceremony!!, the stunning cauldron for the torch, being in the crowd to cheer the torch when it came through my city, the boy who asked Andy Murray for a hug, GB women rowers getting their first gold ever - and then another two more including Katherine Grainger, the US runner in the relay who ran on a broken leg because he didn't want to let his team mates down, watching Usain Bolt, the Mobot, being able to cheer on women runners from countries like Saudi Arabia, hearing the crowd singing Rule Britannia after Ben Ainslie's win, the first women's boxing gold going to a Brit, all the interviews with proud family - and feeling sad, but proud, of those who dedicated their medals to loved ones no longer with us, and many many other memories too many to recall. (Oh, and watching the commentators including Denise Lewis jumping up and down like mad school kids cheering on Mo Farah!)

I, for one, will never forget.

Jen

1 comment:

  1. I will never forget the moment I realized you were up to 53 chocolates! LOL :D I on the other hand were up to over a hundred moonies!

    ReplyDelete