Wednesday 8 August 2012

Wednesday Writing - a collaboration

Back at the start of 2012 I started to become friends with Finnish writer, Susan Laine. We discovered we had lots of things in common, including liking paranormal stories – but werewolf ones, not vampire!

We jokingly said we would have to collaborate on a werewolf story and started throwing some ideas around. This got more intense as we brainstormed character profiles and a story outline. Then Susan emailed me to ask ‘Are we are going to do this?’

At the back of our minds has always been a concern that we would wreck our friendship – and along the way we have had a few disagreements (ok, a couple of spats!) – but we had such a TERRIFIC time bouncing ideas off of someone who was on the same wavelength that we continued. It was exhilarating, exciting, and fun. Of course, we both had to compromise along the way, but it has been a wonderful learning experience.

And now we have had our story ACCEPTED!! Evernight Publishing are going to publish it in October. Susan and I are officially joined at the hip! I am so delighted as I think it is a great story. Combining our preferred writing styles (me MF or MFM and Susan MM or MMM) our story – entitled The Last Werewolf – is MMF, drawing on our mutual European roots it is set in England and Finland as few contemporary paranormal stories seem to be based in Europe.

Watch this space over the next couple of months to find out more!

Jen

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read it! :o) Will there be another collaboration???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this rate, maybe--in about a year, since I keep dragging my feet :D

      No, seriously. Jen and I have talked about it, so... it's possible.

      Delete