Friday 11 March 2016

Spotlight on series - Friends & Acquaintances

Spotlight on series: Friends & Acquaintances

This is a trilogy – Just Good Friends, Friendly Seduction, Friend or Foe.

But it is a crossover trilogy with the Doms & Acquaintances series. Both series are about six female friends as they find love. The Friends series is more light hearted, The Doms series includes BDSM. The books run in the following sequence: Friends 1, Doms 1, Friends 2, Doms 2, Friends 3, Doms 3



Just Good Friends – Jessie & Sam

Accidentally discovering shy Jessie’s secret stash of erotic romances Sam pretends interest to persuade her to discuss her favourite books. Soon they try out scenarios they are reading like bondage, etc, with laughs, tears and lots of improvisation. Before long they realise they are more than just good friends.

(Titbit – I had originally intended Jessie to be called Jennie but part way through writing it I couldn’t continue with that name as Jennie had always been MY alter ego and therefore I had to use the name Jennifer as my pen name!)

Reviews include from Goodreads:

Hot quick read, fantastic storyline

Buy links:





Friendly Seduction – Lissa & Matt

Told to include sex in his stories sci-fi writer, Matt, enlists help from Lissa with the love scenes. Attracted to her he invents a story about space bounty hunters and a run-away girl. She’s so helpful he starts writing this for real and their scenes gradually become more intimate.

(Titbit – this is my favourite book to write as I had such fun taking the mickey out of erotic romances)

Reviews include (from Coffee Time Romance):

I loved, loved, LOVED Friendly Seduction! At times I found myself sighing because of the pure pleasure Matt took in discovering Lissa's body. Other times, Ms. Denys had me laughing so hard at the less-than-stellar sexy performances that the words seemed to be jumping around on my eBook Reader. Reading this book was such a pleasure and I enjoyed each erotic encounter, whether it was pure sexual or had the humorous scenarios that made me fall in love with this tale. I want to read more by this author and I can only hope that her other stories will grip me from the get go like this one has.

Buy links:





Friend or Foe – Gina & Dan

Secret writer Gina bases her hero on Dan, a hunky colleague. Finding out her book recreates erotic movie scenes Dan teases Gina unmercifully. Despite receiving equal insults back he is interested to know more, in particular about those scenes. As she experiences the trials of getting published, their relationship develops.

(Titbit – the dog story is taken from real life about a friend’s dog. Since I was including her dog I also gave the hero my friend’s surname and one of the minor characters the same name as her husband!)

Reviews include from MER:

Wonderful book. Hate to see the series end

Buy links:




A timeline chart for all six books can be viewed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment