Erotic Writers' lunch
I haven’t reported on one of these for ages! I had lunch on Monday with three authors I met at the Smut events: Ashe Barker, Kryssie Fortune and Cat Summerfield – as all of us live or work near Leeds (here's me with Cat and Ashe - thanks to Kryssie for the photo)
We had a great time and agreed we must meet up again.
- What we are working on (it was a mixture of sci-fi MM - me, paranormal (Kryssie - see photo), mystery (Ashe) and fantasy story (Cat)
- There was a discussion about our respective publishers and what’s good or bad about them (this included not doing print books as a negative for some, and positives included publishers who are willing to run with unusual ideas you may have instead of sticking hard and fast to rigid rules).
- Writing events and conferences (Eroticon is coming up next month but unfortunately I can’t attend this one – also a great Writers Workshop at York Uni. Sadly this is too expensive for me to attend. However, I will be at the next Smut event in Manchester in October).
- Home life – Kryssie has just become a grandmother again and I had an accident falling off my worktop whilst doing the decorating (I’m okay – just a badly bruised derriere!)
- Working life – Cat is in the enviable position of being able to be a full-time writer due to saving up hard when last working and renting or sharing with friends (see pic). Kryssie also manages to only work part-time.
- Trips to London - we talked about the great exhibitions at the British Library that every writer should visit and also the experience of watching a production at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre.