Friday 1 April 2016

Spotlight on Series - Doms & Acquaintances

Spotlight on series: Doms & Acquaintances

This is a trilogy – The Submission Challenge, Submissive Training & The Sub Who Switched

But it is a crossover trilogy with the Friends & Acquaintances series. Both series are about six female friends as they find love. The Friends series is more light hearted, The Doms series includes BDSM. The books run in the following sequence: Friends 1, Doms 1, Friends 2, Doms 2, Friends 3, Doms 3



The Submission Challenge – Rebecca & Jon


When independent Rebecca derides her best friend’s brother for being a Dominant he scoffs that she could never understand the lifestyle. With money involved Jon challenges her to be his submissive for 24 hours, with all that being a submissive entails. Not one to back down from a challenge, Rebecca agrees determined to show him she could be submissive yet remain detached emotionally.

During the challenge Jon works all his Dom tricks to try to make her lose, including insisting she be naked constantly, touching her intimately and various BDSM techniques like bondage. Some she finds harder to accept than others.

As the weekend continues they realise they are attracted to each other. But just as worryingly Rebecca comes to enjoy giving control to someone else while Jon enjoys having someone who doesn’t submit easily. But things aren’t that simple.


(Titbit – While Jessie in Friends 1 was me in my younger days, confident Rebecca is me today - but with the capacity to be submissive to the right man should he come along..... The basque that Rebecca buys is the same as one I bought to have some erotic photos taken (also see below under The Sub Who Switched).

Reviews include from Amazon UK:

I have read so much rubbish recently! I usually prefer US writers of erotica but the last few books I have read have been by British authors. Some have been co-written and I have been wondering why it takes two people to write such drivel. I am happy to say Jennifer has renewed my faith in UK writers. This was a lovely story and I want Jon for myself. Lucky Becca! The book was well written and edited and I read it quickly because I wanted to find out if it was a HEA although from the tone of the story I thought it would be. Just my kind of book. I loved it.

Buy links:





Submissive Training – Kat & Ben

Despairing of Dominant Ben showing an interest in her Kat is persuaded by a friend to attend a beginners’ submissive and BDSM training conference in the hope of finding out how to attract him but is shocked to find he is one of the trainers. Meanwhile, Ben doesn’t think she is submissive enough for him and conceives increasingly intimate tasks to prove he is right, despite admiring her courage in staying.

As the conference progresses Kat is fascinated by what she learns and completes each task hoping all the while to convince him of her submissiveness, although some tasks she finds more difficult than others.
Confused by his growing feelings for her Ben keeps pushing her away until her tenacity finally wears him down and he insists on her taking a final exam to prove herself. Is this a step too far for Kat? 


(Titbit – this is my bestselling book. Just under half my book sales out of 21 books are for this book alone!)

Reviews include from Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews:

"I kept imagining myself in Kat's place as I read this story. What an adrenaline rush being blindfolded for the first time in a room full of potential subs and Doms looking for new trainees. If only I knew where to find clinics like the one in this story, I would be all over it! The author gives a great take on what it is like to be vulnerable when you are newly introduced to the lifestyle and how overwhelming it can be for some. The jealously and possessive instincts Ben feels for Kat are fun to imagine as he tries to be harsh and she constantly shows her determination. Even when he tries to say no to her, he simply melts when she embraces her place. While it is a quick read, you will not be disappointed! Spankings, threesomes, subspace, oh my! I can't wait to read more as this series continues!"

Buy links:





The Sub Who Switched – Ellie & Nick

Needing to prove she is still desirable, being the last of her girlfriends to find a partner, Ellie has erotic photographs taken for her 30th birthday. Meanwhile, wanting a Dominant man and fascinated with the BDSM lifestyle, she keeps turning down gentle Nick.

Advice from Ellie’s friends on how to change his basically submissive nature sees Nick getting tutorials from a Master in a BDSM club, visiting a women’s sex shop and using a ‘rabbit’ on Ellie. Hiccups occur including a disastrous date, a male stripper, and Ellie having sex in the club with a stranger while restrained.

Asked what she really wants, an upset Ellie blurts out ‘to be a sex slave’. Does Nick call her bluff and can he change his personality? Will Ellie finally see Nick as the person she’s been looking for and submit to him? An unusual suggestion from a friend proves the catalyst.


Titbit – I had some erotic and nude photos taken for my 50th birthday - the photographers mentioned in the book are based on Mighty Aphrodite who did some wonderful pictures of me despite my middle-aged body issues.

Reviews include from Amazon:

I enjoyed this last in the Doms and acquaintances trilogy as much as the first two. It was well written and edited and I loved how the relationship between Nick and Ellie progressed or sometimes regressed!

Keep on doing what you are doing, Ms Denys and thank you.

Buy links:




A timeline chart for all six books can be viewed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment