Wednesday 8 April 2015

Spa Day

Had my annual spa sauna day at Center Parcs in Sherwood Forest – fabulous! It’s been so cold this spring that it was nice to get some warmth on my bones.


They have around 15+ different experiences including the traditional Turkish Hamman (which I can only cope with for a few minutes!), a dry heat one in a Tyrolean log cabin (see pic) and an Indian Blossom sauna (consisting of eucalyptus and menthol.



One of my favourites is the Japanese Salt Steam Bath (see below). I also like the Greek Herbal room (with chamomile, sage and rosemary).





In addition, they have a very dark meditation room, a Japanese zen garden (pic), a Tyrolean garden, an open air log cabana, a swimming pool with massage jets, waterbeds, couches on the open air verdana with warm covers to snuggle under and some ice fountains.....



..... also, reflexology footspa, multi-sensory showers, a rest and relaxation room and two ‘warm’ rooms called the Tepidarium (pic below) and the Laconium – not as hot as the saunas but warmer than some of the other areas, with relaxing couches to recline on which are very nice, indeed!



The day ends up a treatment in the spa – this time my friend, Liz, and I went for the Re-energising treatment – a body massage with a facial.

Fabulous!


Photos are from Center Parcs website.

No comments:

Post a Comment