Monday 23 September 2013

What's Doing

This is the second in this series talking about the most popular posts on my blog – the next is - ‘Fictional BDSM versus Real-life BDSM’. There were six posts on this topic in total. A few people contacted me after saying they were new to BDSM and how helpful they found them.

By far the most viewed is the first in the series on ‘European BDSM’ (391 page views), followed by ‘The Dom/sub look’ (161 views). The other posts in that series were on the ‘Age of submissives’, ‘Jealousy’, ‘Behaviour’, and ‘Falling in love’.

I thoroughly enjoyed writing these and analysing how I write the BDSM in my books compared to whether it really happens and the conclusion was that, whilst I had to do a fair amount of research to make sure what I was writing about was realistic, my readers want the hero and heroine to fall in love and to be good-looking and young and these don’t necessarily happen. The reader wants the fantasy with a hint of realism.

Next month – promoting other authors

Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment