Monday 6 January 2014

Monthly Inspirational Author

This month I welcome fellow English author, Tanith Davenport. We first met at Eroticon UK in 2012 without realising we both worked at the same place!! So here’s a little from Tanith:

Thanks for having me, Jennifer. I am an erotic romance novelist from Yorkshire with two cats, a long-suffering husband and an irrepressible sense of adventure. That says it all!


Tell us about your latest book

"Sleepwalker" follows my heroine Tally Haslam on a weekend visit to a haunted hotel. Sleepwalking on the first night, she wakes up outside the bedroom of an attractive man; she manages to avoid being seen, but a combination of her own nightly wanderings and a matchmaking ghost result in her being thrown again in his way...
Oooo, a matchmaking ghost! I like.


Do you have anything in common with your characters?

Usually, but rarely the same thing twice! I like to give a character at least one facet in common with me, but it’s fun to write someone completely different as well.


What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?

I did a firewalk for charity once. I have no idea how that works, but it really doesn't burn your feet, although they did feel very odd for about an hour afterwards.
Wow! I’m impressed


When did you write your first book (and is it published)?

My very first book was written when I was about 14 and, as you might expect, it was terrible. I went on to write another when I was 15 which all my classmates read, although whether they thought it was any good or not is open to question. Fortunately both of those were destroyed so can’t come back to haunt me.
Haha!


What are you currently working on, or what’s on the horizon?

I'm editing a novel for Totally Bound which I can't talk about yet. I'm also working on a sequel to my paranormal novella "I Heard Your Voice", a standalone novella inspired by my favourite movie and am pitching a new series.


Who did you dedicate your first book to?

I’d love to come up with an extraordinary answer, but in fact it was dedicated to my husband Mark, although he’s never understood why. Apparently “helping with the research” isn’t a convincing answer.
Bless him!


Who was the first boy/girl you kissed?

I won't give his name, but he was the best friend of another friend's boyfriend and he kissed like a washing machine.
*giggle*


Favourite rainy day activity?

Watching horror movies with a can of cider and a Chinese takeaway. I love good horror, although it's tough to find a film that will scare me these days.


How fans can find you on the internet?

Website: tanithdavenport.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/TanithDavenport
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TanithDavenport






And here’s an extract from her book
 
As soon as she opened her eyes, she knew it had happened again.
The hallway was dark, the only light source a moonbeam that fell through a nearby window. She felt carpet beneath her bare feet, her silk nightgown brushing against her ankles. The air was still, cool, and silent. The building was asleep.
Damn it. She knew this had been a bad idea.
A soft sound behind her made her spin round, her dark hair slapping against her shoulders. A crack of light glowed at the end of the corridor—a door had fallen ajar. She could hear something from within, quiet noises that sparked a memory at the back of her mind.
Tally turned on the spot and looked around her. The place was familiar, and she bit her lip in frustration. Her room was near here, but there was no avoiding it—she would have to pass the open door.
A metal object knocked against her ankle as she moved, and relief flooded through her. At least she still had her room key. As quietly as possible she made her way down the corridor, pressing close to the opposite wall as the open door drew nearer.
What is that noise? Is that...?
The urge to glance through the doorway was irresistible as she passed. A figure was visible, and she paused—
And froze.
The first thing she saw on the bed were a pair of feet, splayed to reveal tanned legs leading up to a muscular, naked male body. Dark hair spread on the pillow and, lower, drew a happy trail from a defined chest down, down, down to the hollow of his groin, from which rose a solid erection wrapped in one firm hand. His face was barely visible, but what she could see was twisted in a rictus of pleasure as his hand glided up and down, up and down, up and -
Oh God!
Tally knew she should go, but her body remained inextricably pressed against the wall, her gaze fixed on the vision in front of her. She tightened her fingers in the folds of her nightgown, breathless, conscious of the heat growing in her gut and the wetness slowly building in her centre.
The gasps from the room gradually became deep, masculine moans. She could see the muscles in his thighs flexing, see the heavy mass of his balls tightening. He was close, very close, and warmth bloomed within her as she watched, all thought gone from her mind except the sight of his pleasure, the rounded curves of his arse, the jerking of his hips as his hand moved faster, faster
Then he groaned, spasmed, and spurted his release high, droplets spattering his chest. Tally closed her eyes in sympathy, struggling to control her breathing.
If she left now, he might not hear her. She turned and bolted down the corridor, running on her tiptoes, hastily scanning the darkened space for the turning that led to her own room.
This could not happen again.


Thank you for being on my blog, Tanith. Good luck with your books. Next month’s author is Siobhan Muir.


3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the interview. This sounds like a really good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the interview, Angie.

    ReplyDelete